When you’re planning for the second half of life, here are some common concerns that can be better with the right help. Please circle the following questions that concern you:
- I’m troubled about losing my savings to the high costs of long-term care for myself and my spouse. Will we lose everything to pay for care, or are there options?
- Are there ways I can help protect my kids’ inheritance if they get divorced or are sued?
- My parents are aging. What should I know to help them to remain independent and preserve their assets, including their home and retirement accounts?
- How can I reduce or eliminate paying taxes and court costs upon my death or incapacity?
- Do I have to be wealthy to benefit from a Living Trust? What are its benefits?
- If I can’t make decisions for myself, does my Financial Power of Attorney document have the right language so my family can act for me and in my best interest?
- If I become too ill to make my own medical decisions, how can I be sure my health care wishes will be carried out?
- How can I be sure my money and property end up with the right people after I’m gone? What if my spouse remarries?
- My adult child (or my grandchild) is disabled. How can I protect his or her future?
- My parent just passed away. What do I do now?
- How can I get help quickly from Medicaid for my spouse or parent who’s in a nursing home (or may need care soon)?
- I have an old Will or Living Trust and I want to get my “ducks in a row.” How can I make sure that my estate planning is not out of date because of law changes?
Many of our clients come to us with these same questions and many more. Contact us for estate and elder law planning solutions tailored to meet your needs. Call us at 336-378-1122 or look around this website to learn more.
In these uncertain political and economic times, planning for the second half of life is more important than ever. Dennis Toman founded The Elderlaw Firm to serve seniors and those who love them. We’ll listen to your wishes and put together a plan that helps you achieve your goals.
Many feel confused and frustrated about putting together an estate plan… yet the help you need is closer than you think. Call today, It’s the first step to making sure your family doesn’t end up out of money and out of options.