When you’re dealing with chronic illness (for you or your loved ones), our Elder Care Navigation program provides a roadmap for the second half of life and is designed with YOU and YOUR FAMILY in mind!
As loved ones age, questions arise. Among them may be:
- What are their medical needs?
- Should I be involved with their care, and if so, how?
- How do I find good care?
- What will that care cost?
If you’re asking these questions, perhaps you’re feeling alone and perhaps even a bit lost. That’s exactly why we developed our program to help, called “Elder Care Navigation.” Here’s more…
What is Elder Care Navigation?
Elder Care Navigation is designed to assist you and your family get these answers to important care questions for the second half of life. That often includes:
- Professional advice on the best way to pay for long-term care based on your individual situation and goals;
- “Turn-by-turn” directions on what is happening now and what may lie just ahead; and
- A comprehensive plan that is tailored to meet your specific needs and goals.
At The Elderlaw Firm, we work as a team to bring clarity to the confusing world of long term care. We are your local, “go-to” resource for qualified, supportive and objective advice. You get a trustworthy team with decades of experience helping families successfully navigate through the “hidden potholes” encountered along the long-term care journey.
We have a passion to help. We’re committed to providing you with the answers you need and relieving your anxiety and fear. We will be here for you and your loved one as long as you need us — and we call this must needed approach, Elder Care Navigation.
Elder Care Navigation assesses financial and health-related needs and incorporates them with legal planning techniques. Our team works with you to address your needs, both now and as they potentially change in the future. Elder Care Navigation can help you to act in a timely fashion to avoid frantic action if and when a crisis occurs. Each plan is customized for you and your family. It helps meet the challenge of caring for a loved one and considers the legal needs of all other family members.
Benefits of Elder Care Navigation
The benefits to families of using our Elder Care Navigation services often include:
- More freedom from the burdens of care giving;
- Relief from anxiety about paying for care;
- Guidance with important legal, health care and long-term care decisions;
- Confidence that comes from having a plan for ongoing care as health declines;
- Security because the spouse and dependents are provided for; and
- Peace of mind because the right to quality care is protected.
For the elder, the benefits can include:
- Better care by obtaining appropriate care sooner;
- Preserving independence for as long as possible;
- The ability to age with dignity; and
- The security of knowing that you have an advocate dedicated to maximising quality of life.
Is Elder Care Navigation Right For You and Your Family?
Ideal Elder Care Navigation clients include, but are not limited to, families that are overwhelmed by the entire process of placing a loved one in a long-term care facility and figuring out how to pay for it, as well as those families where aging parents live in North Carolina but the adult children live a distance away where it’s not possible to be a caretaker on a daily basis or coordinate the admissions process into a facility. Families that have a loved one diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia are also ideal for this service, as Alzheimer’s and dementia planning generally requires an entire additional layer of planning and guidance.
An Elder Care Navigation Plan Can Answer These Questions:
- What long-term care services are available to me and/or my loved one?
- How can I get the good care I need and desire, whether in my own home, in a residential community or assisted-living facility, in a loved one’s home, or in a nursing home?
- How will financial and health care decisions be made for me if I can’t make them for myself?
- If I can’t take care of myself, how will I make sure my spouse continues to have a good quality of life?
- Do I have to spend all my money on the nursing home or assisted living facility?
- How can I protect my assets to take care of my spouse, to ensure I get good care in the nursing home, or to leave to my children or other desired beneficiaries?
- Who can I rely on to make sure that decisions to be made are the right ones?
- How do I assure my financial security as I get older?
- What public benefits am I entitled to and what do I have to do to qualify for them?
- Should I rely on Medicaid or other government benefits to help pay for my care? If so, how do I apply for them?
- What kinds of insurance policies do I need? Should I purchase long-term care insurance?
- How and when should I distribute my assets? Can I save on taxes and avoid probate?
- How do I provide for family members with special needs?
Your Elder Care Navigation Plan will be customised to fit your desires and needs, with an emphasis on issues surrounding long life. You’ll have the benefits of the knowledge and guidance of an Elder Law Attorney and Elder Care Navigator, for more peace of mind for the journey ahead.
Count on our experienced Elder Care Navigation team for help. You are not alone, and we’ll be with you every step of the way. Call today at (336) 378-1122 to schedule an initial conference about how life can be better with our Elder Care Navigation program.