As a financial professional, you’ve devoted years to grow your clientele by helping them make good decisions. We know how frustrating it is to constantly keep up with all of the changes in your professional life. For instance, there is the stress of…
- New investment products (sometimes it seems like they change everyday)
- The markets (up one day….way down the next and clients either happy or upset)
- And the tax laws (seems like it’s becoming more dangerous each time Congress is in session)
The areas of senior estate planning, long-term health care planning, Alzheimer’s planning and Medicaid law is extremely complex. Not to mention concerns about malpractice or upset children who feel that their family has spent thousands and thousands of dollars that could have been protected with proper planning.
Your clients expect answers. We’re here to help them…and you.
At The Elderlaw Firm we are committed to helping financial advisors and CPA’s stay current with estate protection strategies so they can best serve their clients. We regularly offer quality educational programs that teach important estate planning and elder care concepts. We also help provide key marketing tips for the increasingly important long-term health care planning concerns confronting seniors as they age. Dennis Toman, one of the first Certified Elder Law Attorneys in North Carolina, can come to your office for an educational workshop on Elder Law and Senior Estate Planning topics important to you and your clients.
We enjoy having financial advisors taking part in the planning process for our mutual clients. The client relationship starts with an initial conference. You welcome to attend, and we encourage that. In addition, we are available for questions about a situation you’re facing with a client of yours, and what might be a good direction to suggest.
Once we start working with your client, we will do everything we can to make sure that you and your client are thrilled with our services, and we will work with you in implementing the plan and any needed asset re-allocation.
We invite you stop by our office for a cup of coffee and talk about your needs for serving your clients. We’d like to know more about your practice, and we’ll be glad to tell you whatever you would like to know about our law firm, what we do and how we charge.
Feel free to call our office if you ever have an estate protection or Medicaid question. For example, here are the types of clients you see regularly who particularly need our services and we have answers for them beyond traditional estate planning:
- Anyone who has been turned down for long term care insurance.
- A married couple, where one spouse is in a nursing home or likely to be there in the next year.
- Anyone who has received a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s dementia, Parkinson’s, ALS, or is suffering from severe memory loss or the effects of a stroke. These are people who need to know that the time to plan is when they get the diagnosis, not years later after the disease or illness has taken its terrible toll.
- Clients who have had a spouse or a parent in a nursing home or assisted living community. Those clients will know first-hand the importance of expert long term health care planning that goes beyond traditional estate planning. Today the worry of most seniors is, “What happens if I live a long life and become ill, or need someone else to make decisions for me?” These are concerns relating to Elder Law and go far beyond traditional estate planning.
- Veterans who served during a war, are over age 65 and now are facing substantial medical expenses for care in the home, or in assisted living.
- Healthy, vigorous seniors who want to make sure they have their “ducks in a row” for future planning needs.
For more information about our educational programs, please contact us directly. We look forward to working with you soon.